Super Durable Self-Tapping, Thread cutting Case Hardened Carbon Steel Sheet Metal Screws
- Superior resistance to corrosion
- Super sharp to cut easily through metal, wood or other materials
- Type AB: sharp point and fine thread with more threads per inch
- Super-strong case hardened carbon steel provides exceptional holding power
- Thread cutting
- Notched tip
- Hex head
- Exceptional Quality
- Unique batch ensures quality control
- Ceramic coated to stand up to the harshest conditions
- Available in White or Bronze ceramic coating case hardened carbon steel
DRILL-TEC sheet metal screws provide strength and stability under the harshest conditions. They are made of case hardened carbon steel, then ceramic coated to resist corrosion. DRILL-TEC screws have a super sharp notched tip and are self-tapping and thread cutting to cut easily into most metals and other materials. Use DRILL-TEC for securely attaching plastic, metal and other materials. DRILL-TEC fasteners are the right choice for thin gauge steel sheets, such as metal roofing, and fastening into wood or plastics.
DRILL-TEC sheet metal screws are self-tapping. Super-sharp points eliminate the need to drill pilot holes for faster easier installation in all but the hardest materials. Even when drilling 12.5mm steel, separation does not occur. The heads are machined cleanly with a hexagon head. DRILL-TEC fasteners are fast and easy to install, but hold securely.
DRILL-TEC case hardened carbon sheet metal screws stand up to the most difficult challenges. These fasteners are exceptionally tough. Carbon steel is harder and stronger than other materials. The case hardening process further hardens the exterior of the steel part of each screw, creating a hard wear resistant outer layer or "case" while leaving the core ductile and impact resistant. This means it is extremely strong, hard and does not fracture. DRILL-TEC then incorporates a 3-step process to apply an extremely hard ceramic to the surface of the screw. Ceramic coating provides superior protection. It is tougher than other protective coating, making it an excellent coating for all screws and anchors. The coating is applied after fabrication to prevent cracking of the coating so that all surfaces of the fastener remain protected.
DRILL-TEC sheet metal screws have superior resistance to corrosion. They are available in white or bronze finished rust resistant coating. They resist deterioration or staining.
DRILL-TEC sheet metal screws are stocked in #10 and #14 and a variety of lengths. They are manufactured with a unique batch number. Using a unique batch number code, it is possible to determine the date and location of manufacture, ensuring quality control.
- Sheet Metal
- Metal Roofing Materials
- Fastening metal to wood
- Fastening metal to plastics
- Profiled Metal Roofing
- Fixing composite panels and sheets into heavy section metal between 6.0mm to 12.5mm thickness
- Fixing composite panels and sheets into light gauge metal between 1.5mm to 3.5mm thickness